Monday, January 19, 2009

4year and 4month checkups


Cooper and Madelyn had their checkups today. They both had to get two shots. :( Thankfully, my sweet mother went with me to help me through the drama. She held who I needed her to hold at the time so that I could console the one that was upset at the time. It went a lot better than I thought it would, but next time I think I will schedule separate appointments. It stressed me out. I can't stand seeing either of my babies hurting.

I told Cooper about his shots that morning, and he told me that he was going to be brave. He said that he would not cry. I told him that it was okay to cry, and that even brave boys cried sometimes. He was so brave! He got up on the table and laid down to get his shots. He didn't even look scared. Then, as soon as the nurse put the shot in his thigh...he about shot through the roof and screamed the loudest scream. AND he cried. But, he got over it really quickly. He is in love with his doctor, Dr. Tara, and as soon as she came back into the room to help him pick out his prize, he was OK.

Madelyn still has double ear infections. She is now on one more antibiotic and then we will see Dr. Tara in two more weeks. If her infections aren't cleared up, she will be referred to an ENT. Poor baby has had lots of pain the past few weeks. I am hoping this medicine will help. Madelyn did well with her shots. She cried more when the doctor looked in her ears than she did when she got her shots.

Cooper was 39 1/2 inches tall and weighed 34 pounds. (around 35th %tile)










Madelyn was 25 1/2 inches long and weighed 15 lbs 4 oz. (around 50th %tile)

3 comments:

Lois said...

I am so excited to see your blog. I follow Nicole's too. I love blogs and I probably will start one too. Your babies are so great and I love them. I had such a great time watching all of the kids on 1/11. Will and Barrett are growing so fast and Madelyn is just amazing and to watch Cooper's mind just burst into expression is a gas. I see my grands and just have so much fun. Wow. Love you.

Heidi said...

Hey you I have one of these also but I have been very bad and keeping mine up. I will try to do better, I am really good on MySpace and Facebook but this I tend to forget. I love seeing your kids they are so cute! Hugs and have a gret rest of the week.

Jenn said...

I love the new blog Liz! It looks great, and the kids' pics are darling! - Jenn sweetNsauer