Sunday, April 5, 2009

Play Ball!!!

Cooper has started T-Ball! He loves to hit the ball, play in the dirt, run around, throw his glove up in the air, and wear his "form" or "costume" (those are the two things he calls his uniform). We are so thankful that he has three really patient coaches. His main coach is one of Warren's really good friends, and he has been so understanding and encouraging to Cooper.

Cooper's team is made up of some really cute kids. Every kid on the team seems to be really sweet. The parents are great. I think it will be a fun fun summer. Hopefully, Cooper will learn some baseball skills, but more importantly, I hope he learns a little discipline, has a great time, gets some great exercise, and makes some lasting friendships.

He plays for Pizza Inn. My sister, Cherise, informed me that this is where Will (my nephew) got his start. ;) That made Cooper so proud. He looks up to Will in every way. Cooper got to pick his baseball number. He chose 5! When we were taking pictures before we left the house for his game he said, "Momma, get a picture of my number!" :) He was so excited and so proud.

He looks so big in his uniform (that is huge on him...and everything is xtra small!), but out on that field...he looks so little. I can't get over it and each time I see the pictures..I grin and say "AWWW!", but a little part of me tears up. My baby is getting big and pretty soon he won't be throwing his glove in the air and playing in the dirt. I know it won't be long until he remembers to wear his glove on his left hand instead of his right. I'd like for time to stand still for a little while, but I know it won't so I am enjoying these days to the fullest.

I hope you enjoy some of these pictures. They are from Cooper's first t-ball game and group pictures!










1 comment:

Breedings said...

I love that kid! He makes me smile even when I'm just looking at his picture! We make some PRETTY babies!